Tuesday, February 3, 2009

One year on..


I can't believe that in just a few weeks we will be celebrating Pappy's 1st Birthday!!


It really does seem like only a few months ago we were bringing him home, working out how to get him to sleep, sorting out the dramas of breastfeeding and not getting much sleep at all!!


How time has just flown by. Now my little man is communicating, crawling, eating like a trooper and sleeping blissfully through the night! Wow, maybe I will consider having another one after all!!


So i have sent out the invitations, after much discussion about who/where/what we would do. I am pretty happy with the outcome, I don't feel like I have left anyone out who would be offended. After all, it is really a party for us adults its't it! A bit of a celebration for us to say 'we made it!" He is still alive! Let's reward outselves for that!


I have had a practice of his lion birthday cake, as you can see it is a good thing I practiced it as it does need a little work! The icing just wasn't thick enough when I started. Also I am not 100% happy with the colours. But I have some time to perfect that!


Along with the slab for the lion cake, I have ordered some cupcakes from the Women's Work Depot, so that I can decorate them with the fabulous designs I found in the Women's Weekly 'Easy Cupcakes by Colours' book I was given for Christmas. I am not a baker, really I'm not, so I have taken half the hard work out for myself... just don't tell the guests!!!


Also I have checked out some co-ordinating decorations, in yellow and orange, to match the lion. But I haven't found anything I really like so I think we won't worry about that.


But I have soooooo much work to do in the garden and around the house to tidy up. Since late Feb should be pretty warm here, we are planning to have the party outside under the pergola and let the kids go nuts in the garden. Just got to make it weed free and kid friendly in 3 weeks! UGH! I have let everything go except my roses over the Summer so there is a lot of work to do.


Anyhow I will keep you posted.. may end up hiring a gardener to clean up for me!


No comments: